VR serious games
The Simulation Crew
The Simulation Crew develops serious games and training simulations. We are dedicated to creating attractive and immersive learning experiences, that enable all people to grow their skills.
What we’re looking for
The Crew is looking for an 3D game artist to work on our VR and mobile serious games. In this role you will be responsible for conceptualisation and realisation of our immersive 3D environments, characters and animations. Are you’re an art generalist, a creative problem solver, proactive and self-starter with a proven track record of great looking artwork? Join the crew!
Together with our team of Learning Experience Designers and Game developers you’ll be working on innovative serious games. In our opinion ‘serious’ doesn’t means ‘lack of fun’, but ‘meaningful’ applications that have a positive impact on peoples lives. Recent examples of our work are VR applications to train job application skills, to practise emergency situations in hospitals and to train how to act in case of critically endangered patients. We love to work in close collaboration with experts, both from our customers as from the academic world. As lead artist you will have a critical role in these projects. You will bring in your creativity and technical expertise to design engaging concepts. You will transform these concepts into realistic and feasible art, taking into account budget limitations and performance requirements. You will create characters, and you will bring these ‘Virtual Humans’ to life using motion and face capture techniques. Together with our developers you will setup the scenes in the game engine. Did we mention you needed to be a generalist? We don’t expect you to bring senior skills on all expertise, we do search for a broad interest and an eagerness to learn.
- Asset creation
- Character modelling
- Maya 3D scene assembly
- Unity scene assembly and setup of the visual experience
- Lighting and basic composition in Unity
- 3D animation
- Executing our motion and face capture pipeline
- Demonstrate experience of using Maya and Unity
- Setting up Lighting, shaders and animations in Unity
- Experience in creating clean and optimized 3D assets for real-time application
- Strong understanding of Lighting and Composition
- Ability to take direction positively and work constructively in a team
- Experience in motion capture techniques and tools is desirable
- Programming or scripting skills useful, but not essential
- Ability to problem solve and predict potential roadblocks with assigned tasks
- Strong communication skills is critical, as is high attention to detail
- Solid professional work ethic and willingness to stay positive in the face of challenges
- Good communication in Dutch and English
- Degree and work experience requirements may be waived if the candidate can show exceptional skills.
What you can expect
We offer you a challenging job, a good salary, and plenty of room for your own input and creativity. With us you work in a pleasant working environment with an open culture where personal initiative, loyalty and passion are highly appreciated. You will be working in our office in the heart of Nijmegen, a 5-minute walk from the central train station (hybrid possible).
Send your CV and portfolio to:
Join The Simulation Crew!